Residential Treatment Program Overview
Recovery Works in Victoria, British Columbia takes pride in being a leader in 12-Steps drug and alcohol treatment. To enhance this portion of our substance abuse program, we incorporate a number of leading treatment modalities including group therapy, one on one counseling, yoga, physical fitness training, psycho-education, satori chair sessions, alpha stim treatments and if needed EMDR trauma therapy, facilitate medical detox and a family program. The integration of these modalities with the 12-Steps creates an opportunity to find the gift of long-term sobriety for those who want to change.
Addiction treatment and the 12-Steps lay the foundation of addiction recovery. It is working the Steps that builds the structure. Depending on the commitment to the drug rehabilitation program and to the Steps, the house is either a sturdy structure or one of sticks! People don’t get better through osmosis. When you come to Recovery Works treatment facility you will need to work hard, have an open mind and be ready to make changes. It is often said that “Willingness is when the pain of life is greater than the fear of change.”
The Steps are a program of living — a program for life. The program will stay with you long after you leave the safe and friendly confines of Recovery Works. Alcohol rehab or drug treatment is about discovery, the steps are about recovery!
If you or someone you are close to is in need of treatment services for drug use or alcohol addiction, call us at (778) 430-1212 and take the first step in beginning your new life or the life of a family member or loved one.
Follow the links below for more helpful information about our addiction services program.
RESIDENTIAL REHAB IN CANADA
For many individuals who have struggled with addiction, life seems to come to a halt. Change feels almost impossible. This all-encompassing disease takes over your physical and mental health, having a detrimental impact on your social life, personal relationships and career. Residential drug rehab serves as the first step on the successful road to recovery for thousands of people each year.
You leave your daily life for several months, learn new skills, address the root causes of your affliction and build a support network. The highly structured environment gives you the opportunity for a fresh start while keeping you away from triggers and temptations to get you through the acute stages of withdrawal and the recovery process. When you leave, you’ll be armed with an array of tools to help you maintain sobriety long term.
BENEFITS OF RESIDENTIAL DRUG REHAB
- Our bodies and minds love knowing what to expect, and residential rehab for drug addiction or substance use disorder helps you hit the reset button and get back into enjoying structured days.
- If you need medical support, or even just someone to talk to, you benefit from around-the-clock support during your stay in an inpatient facility.
- Temptation can break down people who have the best intentions. When you’re in a residential treatment program, you can focus just on getting better.
- It can be difficult to overcome the acute stage of addiction when triggers surround you. Rehab treatment centres give you the chance to get away from them and learn new coping mechanisms you can use upon your return.
- You’ll have access to a range of therapy options. There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to recovery, and inpatient rehab programs give you the time and resources to find what works for you.
- When you’re in a close-knit environment, you build strong bonds that help you relax and feel confident enough to communicate openly and get the most out of counselling.
WHAT TO BRING
In an effort to make integrating into Recovery Works easier, the following is a list of recommended items you may bring to treatment. You do not have to have all of these items; however, we do have set maximum allowable numbers for those items that you do bring.
- 1 large or 2 small suitcases or duffel bags (must be able to carry yourself)
- Unopened tube of toothpaste
- Unopened container of mouthwash (no alcohol)
- Brush and/or comb
- Shaving gear
- Long pants
- Pajamas/bed wear
- Hat (including winter hat, if necessary)
- Seasonally-appropriate jackets/coats
- Rain wear
- Outdoor footwear (sneakers, boots)
- Indoor footwear (slippers, sandals)
- Travel mug
- Water bottle
- Picture album or loose pictures
- Pens/Writing Materials
- Envelopes and stamps
Residents are allowed to bring the following items upon entering the program: cigarettes, phone cards, refills of prescribed medication and vitamins (vitamins must be in their original, sealed and unopened container).
Website content written by Lowell Monkhouse, MA, ADC – Addiction Counsellor and Trauma Therapist